Saturday, May 3, 2014

24 hour countdown is on



Tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM I start my first triathlon ever! I'm excited and anxious (swimming is STILL a big scary monster) and I'm proud. When I signed on with Tri Stars I really wasn't 100% sure I'd get through the whole training program. Many times throughout (usually swimming) I thought "WHY am I doing this? It's just too hard" it is a lot of work and a decent amount of time commitment.

Tomorrow my goal is to finish, I had debated setting my phone map ap to give me my bike and run time and I'm not sure if I will. I'm not sure I want the pressure of the clock on me, this is a non timed triathlon and I think for my first one finishing is enough. Hell I think training for it is enough!

I've enjoyed it a lot, met some truly amazing people and still hope to tackle open water swimming this summer. YES I said it out loud, I still hope to tackle the scary monsters in the lake.

No comments: