Sunday, September 30, 2012

Island Fireflies




Yesterday we had our monthly Island Fireflies meeting. I carpooled up with Kathy and Iesha, it's always nice to have someone to chat with on the drive, this meeting was in Nanimo so we had a good couple hours chat time!

Of course we had tons of food as always! I have to admit I look forward to the food, I love having a bit of everything, it's my favourite way to eat!



Kathy did a impromptu spinning demo and it was pretty interesting. I had no idea how dexterous you need to be to spin yarn!



We always do a bead exchange, I put in the button on the crochet cuff as our challenge this month was buttons.


We also have a challenge every month, it's optional to participate. Last months challenge was buttons and as you can see we had some great buttons!!


We capped off the day by watching a friend of ours at Western Speedway. She races Bombers and holy cow! I had no idea they hit each other in that division! She got hit hard twice and I had a real hard time watching it, then once I realized she was ok (and a damn good driver!) I got mad and instantly thought "she needs to chase that car down and ram it!". She wound up at the back of the pack when the race finished but boy can that girl drive!

No comments: