Friday, February 11, 2011

How I fell in love with creating

I'm not sure when I fell in love with creating, or if I was just born this way. I've always saved bits and pieces, cut things out, glued things together. I remember making journals when I was small, taking art in middle school and wanting to be a designer in high school.

There is something incredibly rewarding about taking something, anything and making it into something else. I pick up a rod of glass and can fashion it into many many different things. It's magical! I say quite often how lucky I am to be able to do something I love every day. It's pretty cool to wander to the studio and create, whether it be glass or metal.

I find myself loosing track of time when creating, often getting lost in the process. It's not uncommon for me to realize I've forgotten to eat lunch or that it's now dark out and horses need to be fed.

3 comments:

Cheryl K Roe said...

Creating something has always been a part of who I am. It amazes me when people I know don't share that urge to create. What do they think about.

BooBeads said...

I feel the same way! I lose track of time when creating and before I know it, I have to be back up in two hours to get kids ready for school and myself for work!

N Valentine Studio said...

I am finding I get all antsy if I haven't been in the studio for a while. Like a part of me is missing.