Sunday, January 23, 2011

Photos can be complicated

Photos can be so complicated. I struggled for a very long time with my pictures. Glass is reflective which makes things even harder. I did daylight outdoors photos for the first year, using a point and shoot. Then I switched to a Fuji camera with a macro setting. Finally I settled on a Nikon D70 with a 60mm macro lens. Indoor shots all in a photo tent with photo light bulbs. WOW! Why did I wait so long? I now just crop my photos and they are ready to use. No tweaking light balances, or color of clarity. I adore my photo set up and recommend it for anyone shooting glass!


3 comments:

Jane Perala said...

Your photos are really great - I need some tips! It is such a struggle. I have a Nikon D60, but don't have a macro lens. I purchased daylight bulbs from the grocery store - perhaps they are the wrong kind?

N Valentine Studio said...

You need a macro, it'll make your photo time a 1/4 what it was before.

Lisa Godfrey said...

I think a light tent is a must in this part of the world. It's so dark and rainy most of the time it's nearly impossible to take good shots without one. I love mine. I'm still using the same camera I've had for years but I discovered the super macro setting. What a huge difference! I'd love to get a new camera one day though.