Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mothering yourself

Mothering myself has become a way of listening to my deepest needs, and of responding to them while I respond to my inner child. Melinda Burns

I am good at listening to my inner child, I am always drawn to bright fun colors. I love t shirts with bright flowers, sometimes with a girlie theme to them. Fun is what it's all about, right? I've been known to rip outside in my pajama's to play in the snow. Something about snow makes me into a large kid!

Mothering myself may not be my strong point, but I am trying. Trying to take some downtime each week, sometime to wander in the garden, read a book, ponder life, you get it?

Sometimes my downtime is while feeding the horses. I love to watch and listen to the barn swallows flitting about at dusk. We've got three nests already this year!

No comments: