Friday, April 9, 2010

The space between

Stefanie Travers is an old friend, well she herself is not old. I've known her for a long time, she used to shoe my horses. Now she's moved up north to live a lot of people's dream, breaking and training horses. I've been a fan of her blog for a while now, interestingly enough it motivates me art wise. It makes me think, makes me smile, sometimes it hits something and makes me cry.

Her blog post about the spaces between really made me think. She talks about meditation, which I desperately would like to tackle but just can't seem to. I've got a meditation idol picked out, a wonderful creature from Pipyr. Sadly I've had it for over a year now, it sits on my kitchen window ledge, waiting, for me to utilize it's energy. And it does have energy, with horse hair additions it really speaks to me. Yet I still don't meditate.

Stefanie talks about the "spaces in between". The small moments between what we want, need and work to make happen are where the little moments in between happen. Where things just happen, where we learn peace, acceptance and grace.

It's hard to let the universe in when you are stuck, working hard, plugging forward. It's incredibly hard to just be, to listen, to be at peace for just a moment. The spaces in between are my goal for this year. I didn't know it when I started the year out, but reading Stephanie's blog post made me realize I need to try and step back, for at least a moment a day and just be. To let the universe in, to learn peace, acceptance and grace. It may be one of the hardest things I do, but the universe is out there, waiting for me, why not let it in? Will I learnt to meditate? Well we shall see, my question at the moment is where do I start?




2 comments:

Stefanie Travers said...

Ha Ha! Great, great continuation on the thought, I love it! It is such a joy to explore this space in between our appearance and our exit...:)

Michelle said...

That's a wonderful goal! I can't meditate either. There are so many techniques, that I am sure there is one out there that you could do (and me too!) let us know how it goes!