Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spiritual energy


Reading the Artists Way has not gone well for me. I've picked it up and put it down several times now. But one thing that Julia Cameron speaks of is switching on your spiritual energy. This seems to be a sporadic thing for me, not something I can control "yet".

I am channeling myself better, putting aside time for inner growth and spiritual travels. I think sometimes switching on spiritual anything is like
herding cats. It waxes and wanes and often wand
ers off where it wants to.

I find nature is often a spiritual guide for me, the turtles in Mexico really had me awe struck. I find myself thinking about them when my mind wanders, how serene they seemed to swim. The slow gentle movements, and the wash of colors in their shells.

Maybe there is a bead in those thoughts, maybe not. I do know when I think of them my breathing slows down, colors look richer and sounds become more crisp. Maybe turtles are my spiritual guide?

No comments: