Thursday, October 18, 2007

Perfecting you Craft

The Flaming Hot topic this week is "perfecting your craft". Just let me say, I don't think I'll ever be perfect! I am fortunate to spend alot of time at the torch. Often 4 days a week. I think the constant torching does allow we to get good quality beads holes and symetrical beads. I was once called a "picky" beadmaker in a class! I like my bead holes to be nice and even, no sharp edges ever, and my beads to be balanced. After that I strive for something that flows, catches the eye and that's unique. I have also had the joy of taking alot of classes! I love learning, it gives me the chance to try something outside my comfort zone. It also gives me the chance to play with all my great beadmaking friends!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm going to start saving up for some classes myself. I think learning from someone else can often take your own work in an unexpected direction, and well, that's just a whole lotta fun!